Filipino fans of famous professional rally driver Ken Block fans can now have a chance to see him live in Japan this July.
Well, Monster Energy Drink is bringing three (3) lucky Pinoy fans to Ken Block Gymkhana in Japan along with local Monster Energy Drink brand ambassador Ellen Adarna.
Monster Energy Drink is gearing up to unleash professional rally driver phenomenon Ken Block in Japan in July with the “2014 Ken Block’s Japan Experience”! Block will be in Japan, along with the top drift series, D1, and 16 of their best drivers for an all-out energy-filled weekend you won’t want to miss.
Monster will be showcasing Ken’s Ford Fiesta ST car across the country, culminating in two final days of Gymkhana on June 21 and 22, and ultimately, a YouTube release of the entire program for fans to enjoy.
Gymkhana is a motorsport phenomenon gaining popularity across the globe. Similar to autocross, gymkhana courses are complex routes filled with various obstacles that drivers must navigate through, racing against the clock as they go in an attempt to finish with the fastest time. Beyond just being a skilled driver, memorizing the course is a significant part of achieving a fast time.
Once the flag drops at the starting line, the driver must maneuver through a predetermined “track” performing many different driving techniques. What separates gymkhana from traditional autocross events is that the gymkhana requires drivers to perform reversals, 180 degree spins, 360 degree spins, parking boxes, figure 8s, and other mind blowing skills.
Drifting is also encouraged where helpful or necessary. Essentially, a gymkhana is any event featuring a starting point, a finish line and some sort of “obstacle” to get through, around, or by, all within a certain time limit. However, if you are thinking of competing or riding along in an event with Monster Energy and Ken Block, you better get ready to take it to the next level with features such military tanks, giant dinosaurs, beautiful Monster Girls, and other surprises.
For your chance to join Ken Block in Japan, be sure to pick up a Monster Energy Drink at any participating store nationwide & text “MONSTER <OR#/store location>” to 2600.
Here’s how to join:
For a texter to qualify, he/she must:
a) be a subscriber of Smart, Talk n Text, Sun Cellular, Globe or TM, whether in post paid or pre- paid plans;
b) be at least 15 years old
c) be registered to MONSTER ENERGY DREAM RIDE PROMO.
d) have purchased any variant of Monster Energy drink in participating stores nationwide within the promo period.
e) have sent the Official Receipt Number of the purchase by texting MONSTER <OR#/store location> to 2600. (Example: MONSTER 1234567/ABC Supermarket Makati). P2.50/txt for Globe, TM, Smart & TnT; P2/txt for Sun Cellular.
f) have sent his/her entry within February 15 to April 15, 2014
How to earn entries in the raffle:
- Buy any variant of Monster Energy drink between February 15 to April 15, 2014 and text the official receipt number to 2600. Each OR# submitted will be awarded 1 raffle entry (regardless of how many Monster Energy drinks purchased).
Syntax: MONSTER <OR#/store location> to 2600. (Example: MONSTER 1234567/ABC Supermarket Makati).
- Entries with the correct syntax will receive a confirmation of their entry
- An Official Receipt Number can only be used once. (Part of the verification process is for the potential winner to produce the winning Official Receipt together with the winning SIM card).
How to register for the weekly raffle:
- Subscribers have to register to validate their entries for the raffle. Only one name per mobile number is allowed, but a user may register his/her name using several mobile numbers.
2. To register, subscribers have to enter the following information in the correct format and sequence as shown below.
Txt MONSTER REG <name/address/age> to 2600.
Example: MONSTER REG Jo Uy/#4 Atis St, Cubao/30.
3. Registration is one-time and is free of charge.
What are the prizes:
Number OF Winners
|Monster Energy Gears (inclusive of shirt, cap, hoodie, backpack)||
|Ken Block Rally Fiesta RC Car||
|Trip for 2 to Japan to watch Ken Block live||
The grand draw will be held on April 21, 2014.