Who has lived for a century to enjoy what he has worked for and tell the tale about it? In the recent centuries, NONE.
That’s why, it was a privilege to have sipped by Remy Martin – the Louis XIII during the #QuestForALegend launch at the Tasting Room, City of Dreams Manila.
Louis XIII is documented in history as a fine cognac, made in Cognac in 1874, aged from 40 to 100 years.
Christophe Bourrie, regional director of the Remy Cointreau Prestige Business Division, explained that the Louis XIII reflects wine craftsmanship at its finest. With over 1,200 complex blend of eaux-de-view bottled in an excquisite decanter, Louis XIII is in itself an experience of art tested in time.
Marie-Amélie Jacquet, fourth generation of thr Hériard Dubreuil, owning family of Rémy Martin cognac for over 90 years, said that the Quest for a Legend campaign of the Rarest, preserved Louis XIII is a way personal to her as it connects her to the roots of her family.
She added that it is a privilege for her to have the opportunity to find what her ancestors concucted a century ago.
Quest for A Legend is a world-wide search to find the rarest Louis XIII that will start in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines.
What’s at stake?
Well, in brief, #QuestForALegend winner will get a chance to travel and stay in Cognac, France and get a glimpse of how Remy Martin produces its cognac.
Here’s more about it.
- Contest entry period is between 3 February 2015 and 31 March 2015
- To enter the competition, participants in the competition must send photos of their unopened LOUIS Xlll bottlevia SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Remy Martin office. Entries can also be submitted online at www.louisxiii—coqnac.com/questforaleqend
- Participants need to provide their full name, age, ID, Contact information, nationality and details on how they obtained the bottle of LOUIS Xlll
- Participants can submit more than one bottle
- The LOUIS Xlll team will follow up with each submission individually
- The winner will be chosen by and expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set criteria
- Remy Cointreau International (RCI) reserves the right to make the final decision
Terms & Conditions
- Must be the legal owner of the bottle
- Must be citizens or residents of the participating countries in SEAMI
- Must be 18 years and above, 25 years of age for lndia
- Must agree to absolve LOUIS Xlll/RCI from any liability with regard to handlinf of the entry bottle
- The bottle must be unopened, with at least 50% of original liquid (this will be verified by RC! and the House of Remy Martin)
The prize is a trip to the Remy Martin Estate in Cognac, France which includes:
- Two return Business class air tickets
- Two first class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme
- Car pick up transfer to the Estate
- A hosted lunch at the Estate Guided Tour of the Estate, grounds, cellars and distillery
- A tasting of LOUlS XIII and Dinner
- One nights accommodation in Cognac
- Full terms and conditions will be made available at a later date
For more details of about LOUIS XIII and the very rare contest of “Quest for Legend,” contact Remy Coinlreau lntemational:
Telnos.: 556-8721 or 22 or 828-1345
If you’re wondering, Remy Martin Louis XIII is sold in the Philippines at over a huhdred thousand pesos. But with the Louis XIII in rare cask, only a little over 700 worldwide, the price is far different.
First to have one in the Philippines is City of Dreams. This Louis XIII has a price tag of over a million pesos. Whew!
That would definitely be an expensive sip but sure worth it for its rare and exquisite taste.FOLLOW MY ADVENTURES ON:
Instagram: @ReyBelen and @LifestyleBucket