Lumia joins the bandwagon of the quad-core smartphones with the latest offering from the Microsoft Mobile model. The Lumia 630 is running on Windows 8.1 – the latest mobile operating system of Microsoft.
Lumia 630 is the first to of its line to offer dual-sim capability in the Lumia line. It offers a 4.5″ Clearblack screen wrapped in Microsoft Mobile’s simple, yet, popular eye-candy design.
The Lumia 630 will start rolling out in stores in the Philippines in May 30, 2014 priced at Php 7,990.
This entry level Lumia offers what higher end Lumia smartphones have in terms of customization and personalization. With added new features brought by Microsoft 8.1, Lumia 630 will be quite a cool toy in your hand.
Here are some of the features that Lumia 630 can do:
- Seamless switching between two Sim cards helps users to customize the charges on data, call and messages – very much applicable to the Filipino market who usually has different networks for different purposes.
- A quad-core Snapdragon able to run basic and popular applications on smartphone
- New matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in bold new colors bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- Better entertainment with Xbox games, Storyteller on the 4.5” ClearBlack screen, which offers better viewing angles and visibility in bright conditions.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim a great tool for work and play.
- The new SensorCore also brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- A wealth of storage is available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB using a SD card, allowing people to save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps with ease.
LUMIA 630 QUICK SPECS:
- Processor – 1.2 GHZ Quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon)
- Memory – 8GB (internal) – 512 mb RAM
- Supports up to 128GB microsd
- 7GB SkyDrive cloud storage
- 5MP rear camera with video recording capability at 720p @30fps (no front camera)
- 4.5″ IPS Capacitative LCD
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Micro sim
- 3G, Wifi, EDGE, GPRS
Karel Holub, General Manager, Philippines, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales says “With high-end technologies and apps, a seamless Windows Phone 8.1 experience and the first ever Dual Sim Lumia empowering people to connect on their terms, we believe the Lumia 630 Dual Sim is undoubtedly the best smartphone in its affordable price range.”
Also available is the colorful Nokia MD-12 Bluetooth Speaker (SRP Php 1,990), which connects wirelessly using the new easy to use Device Hub app and plays for 15 hours and transforms almost any surface into big-sounding bass. It’s the perfect accessory to help people get the most from music, videos and games, and also functions as a convenient speaker phone on the go.
Locally, apps are readily available for Microsoft Mobile smartphones. Adding to the roster are AirAsia, Globe and GrabTaxi.
FOLLOW MY ADVENTURES ON:
Instagram: @ReyBelen and @LifestyleBucket